Our Calendar

Friday, November 14, 2008

. . . "THE SKIES PROCLAM THE WORK OF HIS HANDS"

I minored in Art History in college, and was trained to notice the similarities and patterns that define an artist's distinctive style. We would be shown a painting which we had never studied, and be required to identify the artist, based solely on that artist personal "thumbprint." I always loved this challenging "game."


Not long ago I was on one computer following the progress of Hurricane Ike, while Adam was on another laptop enjoying playing with "Google Sky" and it's amazing capabilities. I looked at Adam's screen and was awe struck. It wasn't hard to see the Artist's "thumbprint", and I marveled at the beauty of both of these powerful, incredible examples of our Creator's Hand.


The Spiral Galaxy

Hurricane Bertha


The Whirlpool Galaxy

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Wow, wow, wow!