Our Calendar

Saturday, November 15, 2008

BEST EVER CINNAMON ROLLS FROM PIONEER WOMAN


John wanted to make cinnamon rolls last week; he and I looked online at a variety of recipes and finally chose this one at The Pioneer Woman . They really are the best cinnamon rolls I've ever had. John made a half recipe, which was enough for all of us. I'm afraid if we made the whole recipe, I'd make myself sick eating them.

I've included the half recipe below, but you ought to look at the pictures on Ree Drummond's site. They take cooking to an art form. (Warning, some of her language is as spicy as some of her cooking.)

2 cups milk
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar

Scald these 3 ingredients, let cool about 45 minutes, then add:

1 pkg yeast (1 TBSP)

Wait for the yeast to dissolve, about 2 minutes, then add:

4 cups flour

mix well (it will be sticky), cover, let sit 1 hour to rise, then stir in:

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder, heaping
1/2 tsp soda, scant

Roll out into a long rectangle (it will still be sticky so put lots of flour down), cover with:

1 stick butter, melted (drizzle on dough)
1/2 cup brown sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon (sprinkle on butter)

Roll up jelly roll style. Slice with dental floss on place in pan with melted butter in bottom. Let rise 20-30 minutes. Bake @ 350* for 15-18 minutes. Top with glaze while still warm.

GLAZE

2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp maple extract
1/4 cup milk
2 TBSP melted butter
2 TBSP brewed coffee
pinch salt

Cinnamon Rolls are such a great way to say "I love you" to anyone special !! And these really are GREAT Cinnamon Rolls. If you find a better recipe, please let me know! And a special thanks to John for this great discovery. Next we are going to try The Pioneer Woman's Favorite Sandwich








Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have told you about that recipe when I found it last year -- if I knew that you would have wanted it, of course. Someone at Gutenberg made them last year and Sam said they were the best cinnamon rolls he'd ever had. The girl who made them posted the source (Pioneer Woman) on her blog. We always have cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning, so that's the recipe I used last year and will again. It has about double the sugar and butter I've seen in any other recipe.

Rachel said...

I made these yesterday for a party last night and wow! They were sooo good! I've promised to pass the recipe on to at least 4 people. :) I've used various cinnamon roll recipes and this one tops them all. The icing has a really nice flavor, too.
Definitely something to share with friends-too much to eat by ourselves! All that butter and sugar would put us in a coma. :)

Laurel said...

I agree, they're wonderful. Jonathan says thanks for the reminder!

Test said...

Thanks so much for putting up that recipe. I was terribly disappointed with the last cinnamon roll recipe I made and I can't wait to try this one.

Alyssa Jean said...

oh man those look good!

Anonymous said...

YUM!! I'll have to try those some time.