Our Calendar

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

PIONEER WOMAN I'M NOT


After recently viewing some of the "Pioneer Woman's" beautiful photographs of working cattle, I was inspired.
(click here to see her fantastic art)

I was holding a sorting gate for our guys as they worked the new calves; the sun was setting, it was a perfect bucolic setting, so I sent Anna in for my camera. After getting the camera, I realized I couldn't move from my important job assignment of manning the gate, so was limited in my ability to take a good photo. I shot about 3 not so great pictures and then my CF card was full. (Someone took the big CF cards to Seattle with them.)

I realized then that I can't begin to aspire to be the "Pioneer Woman. " I'm just a mom on a farm with really great kids and a wonderful husband. And I'm very, very content.

I also recommend Ree Drummond's fantastic recipes. Our newest favorite is "Eggs in a Hole"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: