Our Calendar

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

LIFE WAS A BOWL OF CHERRIES . . .


While the kids were on their camping trip, Keith and I had the house all to ourselves. Although Keith had to work, and we had Rolla Town Band and a Bible study in the evenings, we still managed to have a delightful time. I jokingly posted on Facebook that we could eat all the ice cream we wanted, we actually ate cherries. I love bing cherries!! My dad loved bing cherries, but they were expensive, so we (the kids) didn't ever get any. They're still expensive, so we wait until the kids leave. We also took a canoe trip on the Courtois River (the Meremac was too flooded for any one to put in there). Taking a float trip during flood stage is the best way to ensure that the river isn't crowded. We had a magnificent day, a perfect experience. Enjoying my husband and the beauty of Creation, while playing in the water and eating cherries -- Wow! (We also discovered that it IS possible to canoe without Pringles, Nutty Bars, and Lemonade, which the kids probably won't believe.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sounds absolutely delightful! I love hearing about your life! :)