Our Calendar

Thursday, October 25, 2007

UNCLE BILL'S VISIT


My dear Uncle Bill Davis from San Antonio visited with us for several days this summer. I have so many fantastic memories spent at Uncle Bill's and Aunt Wanda's house. My sisters and I would spend a week at their house (in Albuquerque, and later in Los Lunas, New Mexico) every summer. The Davises exposed me to so many new and wonderful experiences, and I wanted my home to be like theirs when I grew up. They started their day with their Bibles, didn't have the T.V. on, made homemade bread and grew their own meat and fresh garden food back when it wasn't popular. Their home was filled with love, peace, and wonderful smells! Jesus Christ was there. They took us on our first camping trip, let us crank our first homemade ice cream, let us gather our first eggs, and although I didn't appreciate it at the time, served us our first butterbeans! I love you Uncle Bill and Aunt Wanda.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: