Our Calendar

Thursday, August 21, 2008

GLORY ! !


Glory's third birthday was August 13th. Once again, her birthday occured during the glorious Perseids meteor shower. When I was in labor with her, I sat outside and watched this same Perseids meteor shower.

The Perseid meteor shower has been observed for about 2000 years, with the first known information on these meteors coming from the Far East. The shower is visible from mid-July each year, with the greatest activity between August 8 and 14, peaking about August 12-13. During the peak, the rate of meteors reaches 60 or more per hour.

As I marveled at this beautiful sight, the verse "The Heavens declare the Glory of God, the Skies proclaim the Work of His Hands" Ps. 19:1 kept going throught my mind. I wished then that the baby was a girl so that we could name her Glory, but was convinced by her constant activities in utero that she must be a boy. I was so delighted when she appeared and was confirmed to be female. She has been a delight ever since, and I think she is also a testimony to the "work of His Hands". We pray that she will continue to declare the Glory of God.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: