Our Calendar

Sunday, September 23, 2007

In Loving Memory

Our precious family friend is now sitting in the presence of her Beloved Lord and Saviour. Amy Martin Wilhoite died Monday, September 10, 2007 after a long and courageous battle against Leukemia. Amy was one of the most beautiful souls I have ever had the blessing to know. She will be very missed, and very much remembered.

We have posted below some photos, first from church activities, then from Amy and Brandon's wedding and rehearsal, and finally from Amy's memorial service at Meremac Springs Park on Sunday, September 16th. The music is our tribute to Amy, sung by the First Four, from First Baptist Church, Coppell, TX. We will continue to pray for her husband Brandon, their beautiful son Gary, and Amy's parents and siblings.


"Ever since the Urgent Care doctor had called, the song "Blessed be Your Name" had been running through my head. "Blessed be Your name, when the path's marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name." I told Brandon, "The Lord gives, and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord." In the midst of everything known and yet unknown, all I could know is that He had me. I wasn't anywhere I wasn't supposed to be, this was the path I had been called to, and He wouldn't give me more than I could bear." Amy Wilhoite, July, 2006

Read of Amy's Journey by visiting http://wilhoite.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting...the older pictures were especially wonderful. :)