Our Calendar

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

JOHN'S FIRST PAINTING


For his Junior Duck Stamp Entry this year, John decided to try his hand at oil painting.
This is his Harlequin Duck in progress . . .


And this is the finished product.
I am exceptionally proud of his work, especially considering all that was going on at the same time.
Although he placed second, I think it is a first place effort and look forward to many more amazing paintings from him.
Adam agrees that it is better than he was doing at 14 years old, (although Adam only had me for a teacher, and John has Adam, so is at an advantage.)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I'm impressed. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats John!

It's amazing. I wish I could get the handle on paint like you can!
Wow! I'm glad you got a picture of it before you sent it off.
Good thing I'm done this year or we'd have to compete against each other. ;-)

Abby #2

Rachel said...

That's wonderful, John! Nice job!