Our Calendar

Thursday, July 30, 2009

THE CHAMPIONS


John's baseball team just finished their season and won 1st place in the season tournament. John played well, and this mom had a great time going to all the games.

Baseball is such a great game. Most sports consist of your side and my side. I try to kick, or throw, or shoot the ball or puck or whatever through your goal. You try to stop me. Football, basketball, soccer, hockey, polo, etc. all follow this basic premise.

Baseball is radically different however: you throw the ball at me, which I hit back to you, and then I run in a circle until you catch it and tag me.

That is the simple version. It is a very mental game, intense strategy, and requires real concentration on the part of all the players for it to happen properly. A well executed double play is a beautiful thing. We saw one last night, the weather was perfect, friends were among the fans, we could ignore Obama's Health Care plan, and enjoy a small piece of what is right in America.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Good job at making baseball sound wonderful! I'm bummed that I never made it to one of John's games this summer. . . that was a big highlight of last summer.