Our Calendar

Friday, March 20, 2009

CREATIVITY IN THE KITCHEN


This week I didn't make my usual trip to the store during band, and decided for the sake of convenience and the pocket book to just eat out of the "pantry" for the week. For our Tuesday meal, my menu was taco salad, but half of us were going to be at the theatre and the other half stayed at home. I was short on chips for the salad, so John, who was staying home, offered to make chips from a few corn tortillas I had in the fridge. They were a huge hit, and John made some more the next morning


Homemade is so much better!


I was cleaning the kitchen while John started another batch and found his engineering style cooking amusing. He stacked up several tortillas and then cut them into strips with kitchen shears. He was preparing to cut the strips into smaller pieces when I joked that it looked like some "kitchen craft" similar to when we weave constrution paper. At that point, we just had to try it.


Voila! A lattice tortilla chip!
Why?

I'm not sure. . . but maybe
because sometimes creativity is just fun
for no good reason.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Farm Kids said...

You all are so creative!! See you tommorrow at practice!!

meg

Rachel said...

It's a work of art!

I like the art you can eat. :)

Dawn Hall said...

We love homemade chips better than the bagged kind,too!