Our Calendar

Saturday, May 24, 2008

MARVEL AT THE DETAILS

I would say that gardening is more than my hobby, it is somewhat of an addiction, but I justify it when I study the details, beauty and extravagance of the Creator's handiwork. Then gardening becomes a form of worship.

These are a few quotes about gardening I found edifying or maybe just amusing:

"Nothing is more the child of art than a garden."...Sir Walter Scott

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than Emperor's."...Mary Cantwell

"There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments." ..Janet Kilburn Phillips

"Laying out grounds may be considered a liberal art, in some sort like poetry and painting." ...Wordsworth

"Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world."...Virgil A. Kraft
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I emailed your quotes to my mother, and avid gardener--so much so that I haven't talked to her in several days, except at church because she's always outside and doesn't answer her phone! :-)
Laura L.

Unknown said...

Hi. We met (some of you...briefly)at the Jamestown Hunt. We, of course, remembered the shirts :)

We are just really learning the joys of gardening. My husband's brother gave us a "jump start" before returning to Canada! It has been a wonderful "whole family" activity, and so rewarding!

We wondered if your family will be at the Branson Conference? If so, our family would enjoy meeting up with you!

Mrs. Discher

Anonymous said...

Hello! Those are some neat quotes. We're going to try and do a lot of gardening at our new place; Dad especially!

Anyway, I'm here to let you know that you got awarded with the "You Make My Day Award"! (see our blog for details) I'm so glad we met you guys at Jamestown. May God bless you!