Our Calendar

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Adam's Artwork Update


This is my most recent finished painting - Wilson's Storm Petrels. This painting was done from a photo I took off the coast of Maine during the American Birding Association Convention I attended last summer. The birds are named after the story of Peter walking on the water during the storm, since they typically use the surface tension and cushion of air on the water to support their weight while feeding, making them look like they're walking on the water.

And here's what I'm currently working on - an entry to the Federal Duck Stamp competition of a Green-winged Teal. The deadline is August 15th, so it should be done before then.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful, Adam! The water looks so real. I like the petrel painting best.

Michaelmthomas said...

Absolutely amazing! What a way to capture God's creation!!!!