Our Calendar

Friday, June 27, 2008

MAKING A COOKIE!

Last Sunday evening, John decided to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I (Adam) was feeling slightly bored, and since I have had plenty of experience cooking for a lot of people, but have worried about learning to cook in small batches once I move away from home, I decided to start practicing. Since the smallest increment in the recipe was 1/2 tsp water (not really sure what difference a half teaspoon of water makes, but oh well....) I measured how many drops made a teaspoon of water. I found that if I divided the recipe by 48, I could still measure each ingredient fairly accurately.


Here is the butter and sugar in John's batch of cookies....


....and here is my batch.


John adds a half teaspoon of water....


....and I add a drop.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: